TWO DATES AVAILABLE-READ CAREFULLY
MINIMUM ORDER OF 4; MAXIMUM OF 8 PLEASE
YOU MUST be able to pick up the chicks immediately at time of arrival to post office. I will coordinate this with you once they have shipped. Please have your brooder pen ready PRIOR to pickup!
Breed selection *may* be possible at time of pickup but no promies will be made. Earliest orders will have the most choice.
MAY 9: FEMALE CHICKS-sexing is not an exact science. If a chick grows to be a rooster, I will take him back at your request but no refunds will be given.
- NOVOGEN BROWN-red sex-link good cold-hardy layer of brown eggs
- CHOCOLATE COPPER QUEEN-cross between Black Copper Marans and Plymouth Rock-great temperament and good layer of variable colored brown eggs
- BLUE SAPPHIRE PLYMOUTH ROCK-Cross between Blue Andalusian and Plymouth Rock-good cold-hardy layers of brown eggs up to 300 eggs/year
JUNE 7 (this date VERY likely to be pushed back by the hatchery)-Straight Run (male & female chicks) of FOUR BREEDS
- LIGHT BRAHMA-large and gentle cold hardy breed, good but not great layers, they will often lay through winter so they are a good addition for when other breeds stop laying for winter. Good for meat and eggs.
- NEW HAMPSHIRE-Cold-hardy good for both meat and eggs. Hens can sometimes go broody; these birds will be good layers of brown eggs.
- WHITE LEGHORN-standard excellent layer of white eggs-this is where most white egg production comes from.
- EASTER EGGER-moderate to good layer of blue/green eggs. Often goofy looking chickens but everyone needs blue/green eggs in their flock!